Arts & Crafts
Arts & Crafts
About the Library
In 1909, Choctaw County Public Library was established as a borrowing collection held in the Mayor’s home and other homes in the community. In 1912, a formal library was established by local citizens with donated books. Twenty years later, we moved into a multipurpose WPA building. In 2004, we moved into our current home; a 13,500 square foot, 1.1-million-dollar facility funded by the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation.
Our branch follows the community theme of Circus. A bronze sculpture lines the way to our Children's area with circus programs, a baby elephant, pet dog and grandchildren from the town. The circus wagon is a perfect place to read or take pictures of your kids. Animals watch over the Children’s computers and books next to the young adult reading area. Inspirational, Oklahoma, Adult, Biographies, audiobooks, DVD’s and Large Print have special places. The meeting room, conference rooms, Genealogy room and computers are available for public use. We also have an active Friends group that is always seeking new members.
Additionally, we have a time capsule, due to be opened November 16th, 2057.
Our meeting room facilities are managed by the Choctaw County Library, Inc. For more information on booking our meeting facilities, call 580-326-3926 or contact the library.
Need a notary, copy, or fax? The staff is here to help.