About the Library
The Heavener Public Library was built in 1939 by the WPA program. It was sponsored by the Heavener Women's Club who secured the funds through the First National Bank of Heavener and purchased the majority of the books. A much-needed addition to the library was completed in 2008 through the inexhaustible efforts of the Heavener Friends of the Library groups. This endeavor included a renovation project to the existing library that converted it into a spacious and historic meeting area.