About the Library
Idabel Public Library has served its community for over a century. The library was founded in 1910 by the Pioneer Reading Club, in a borrowed corner of a local law office. It then moved to a local insurance office where it stayed until 1947. A new building was completed in 1947, with another new building built in 1976. Finally, in 2010, we moved into a new multi-million-dollar 15,000 square foot facility, which we now call home.
We offer a large number of programs for all ages, birth to 100. Don’t miss our Friends of the Library Book Club!
We are supported by a wonderful Friends of the Library group that is always seeking new membership. In addition to all of our other SEOLS service that the Idabel Library provides, we also offer notary service.